ALTAMAR is a designer luxury day cruise in the Galapagos islands,buildt by Ocean Yachts in NJ ,was totally refurbished in 2012 to meet the highest standards of comfort ,it features social areas, dinning room , seating areas for reading , aft deck , 2 cabins for resting each bathroom and shower , it takes only 16 guests making it very comfortable and its maximum speed of 24 knots speed will take you to your destination in no time.
Bellavista is a dream come true, not just for us, but for every nature lover and bird-watcher whose imagination is stimulated by the idea of a Cloud Forest. Started by a Colombo - British couple, Gloria and Richard, in 1991, what was initially a 55 hectare reserve has now become a certified ecolodge with a 700 hectare private reserve, the land owned by Gloria and Richard and a handful of like-minded conservationists. For anyone who seeks to immerse him or her self in its mysteries, soak in its vast views, anyone who wants to discover its rare and endemic birds, orchids and other species, anyone who wants to discover true peace and wild places, anyone who loves forests, there are few places like it so easily accessible!!.
We offer our guests a unique stay above the forest canopy! Some prefer our 4-storey geodesic dome, while others prefer our unusual Bamboo House, the half-timbered Trailhead House, or our secluded San Luis house. And for the budget-minded, we offer our Research Station / Hostel or camping options.
The 360 degree view from the dome allows you to gaze upon the rugged peaks of Pichincha and Cotacachi in the distance. You can also sit out on your private balcony and observe the magical activity of the forests..
WHY BELLAVISTA :
- We have an excellent network of trails, over 10 km in length, ranging from easy to genuine adventure.
- We have 6 waterfalls within the reserve, all deep in the forest and truly beautiful.
- We offer guided hikes with emphasis on general natural history, or birds or botany: group guiding or personal specialist guiding available. - See Bellavista as a base for explorations deeper into the northwest .. Butterflies, canopy zipline, more waterfalls, more birds, Tulipe archaeological site…….. - The cloud forest is a different type of rain forest, a mysterious enchanted forest with a much more benign climate than the Amazon Basin, and no malaria (2250 meters, 7200 feet altitude).
- We have from 8 to 14 species of hummingbirds at our feeders, all daily visible at incredibly close range! In fact, we guarantee you will see hummingbirds at Bellavista! Some 20 species have been observed here .. and in Tandayapa Valley the record is over 40 .. a world record!
- All meals
- Transfers in the islands
- All shore excursions with an English speaking naturalist guide
- Airplane ticket to galapagos
- Transportation from / to Quito
- Entrance to parks
- Extra meals and beverages
- Cancellation/medical insurance